These are my promises to stem recession and assist in growing the economy.
Do you ever witness news, videos, articles, or photos that you believe it's good and rich for our blog?, or do you have a true life story that you would want us to feature on our blog; Adamawa Celebrities News? Kindly submit your stories, pictures, and videos to us now via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or WhatsApp: 08051600130Connect on Social Media: @adamawacelebrities
- Work for 10 hours a day.
- Working on ten hectares of farm land to produce rice and in between producing okro,
- Working on 3 hectares of land to produce maize. Harvesting by the end of march.
- By may this year will start another circle of production of rice in 5 hectares and 7 hectares for maize so that that by August all the crops have been harvested.
- Simultaneously cultivate about 10 hectares of land out of 20 hectares granted to me by the Emir of Karshi Alhaji Ismaila Mohammed in the outskirts of Abuja during the rainy season.
- Assisted 10 groups of Youth with water pumps and other farming inputs and implements and engaged the services of Agricultural officers to guide them in modern method of agricultural production.
- Employ, on temporary basis, 10 youth and paying them about 60% of the minimum wage. This is in addition to paying a large number of labourers working on the farms on daily basis.
The intention is to work all year round as a full time farmer and just praying that government will put in place good policies that will give us farmers good returns on our investments.
I abhor the idea of working from office to office looking for contracts or patronage thereby demeaning ones self. Now a lot of people will say I have the wherewithal, but I’m addressing people in my category retired Perm secs, retired top government functionaries and serving top government functionaries, retired army officers. I know a retired AVM in Numan doing the same like me. There are also two serving perm secs in Numan that are doing the same and I know my member in the house of Assembly and that of Numan are doing the same. I know the chairmen of song and my own Demsa are also doing the same, in fact my own chairman of Demsa local government area has established local government demonstration farm where sizable youth are provided with all that is required at the end, the amount expended on the farm are deducted and the balance of the proceeds becomes theirs. If all our 25 members of house of Assembly in my state, If all the 3 senators, 8 members of the house reps in my state. If all the 22 members of Adamawa Executive council with the SSG and all the special advisers, serving perm secs, 21 local government council Chairmen and 216 councillors, all our traditional rulers and their top staff and the retired and serving army officers are engaged in agricultural production, we are on course to chasing hunger out of our the land and grow the economy by contributing in raising GDP and generating revenue to the country through exports.
These categories of people will cause agricultural revolution in my state because apart from their fat salaries, they can access loans though at exorbitant rates. Commercial banks can afford to give you a few millions by using your salary as collateral and that is what I did.
My clarion call to these categories of people is to do the needful by fast tracking eradication of poverty. This is not only making as richer but to save us from the hungry and angry masses that constitute threat to our lives and the little you earn.
All we require from government are appropriate policies and programmes. Availability of farming inputs and implements at subsidized rates, working with CBN and Agricultural banks to make loans available at low rates.
I hope I’m making sense.